Cubs and knives

We had a Web II at Cub resident camp and had to have is mom come and pick him up after 2 days. On the first day he was told to guve us his knives because he was told earlier that he could not use them outside of the camp site and without adult supervision. He does have his Whittlin chip. On the first day we took 1 knife from him. On the second day we took 3 more and told him to give all of his knives to us. On the last day we took another from him, so in the 2 1/2 days he was at camp we took 5 from him. He was disrespectful to his den leader and she was ready to send him home after the first day. We (all leaders) decided to give him a second chance. When we took the 5th knife from him he was disrespectful again. His mom had to come and get him. She told us that he wanted to be at camp. We later found out that he told her he didn't want to be there and thought that acting up would get him sent home. He did apologize to his leader for his behavior. I'm just suprised that he showed up to camp with at least 5 knives.

"... and thought that acting up would get him sent home."

Well, in that part of his life, I guess he got what he (thought) he wanted. Makes me wonder where else in his life he isn't getting what he (thinks) he wants? He probably isn't aware of it...

I bet he'd enjoy a couple of lessons in carving from an patient expert.