Webelos Transition Ceremony Question

Howdy All.....just stumbled across the site and love it! I'm a first year Webelos Den Leader, attend every roundtable, been to Basic Training, and am enjoying it. My question is: Does someone have a a basic script for the Webelos Transition Ceremony. It sure would help. Thanks in advance. Scott

Also, you might consider making up your own. Our troop has a unique mixture of many ideas, including a lashed bridge that the Webelos "cross over," a candle holder, etc. We tweak the ceremony every year, and it's always worked well.

Our pack has a bridge. We use bits and pieces of different ceremonies found in the "Ceremonies for Packs and Dens" book. The ceremony I like the best for the Arrow of Light is where the boys are lighting 7 candles as the Cubmaster (or other emcee) reads what each ray on the Arrow stands for. Such as wisdom and then what wisdom means, bravery and what that means. If you just so happen to have EXACTLY 7 boys this is a good one. It's not too long but not too short.

I think you can also find in on the link you were given above.

Some general suggestions: Ask the den leaders beforehand to make a special effort to control the wiggling and noise that is bound to happen among the younger cub scouts. We explain to the younger cubs that this is a special night for the Webelos that they have earned, and they deserve respect. We have an elevated stage (4 steps up) where we put the crossover bridge and after the initial part of the ceremony when the Webelos are ready to cross over, we call each one up onto the stage, one at a time, with parents. The Webelo is asked to give the Cub Scout salute to his pack brothers one last time. Then a parent or parents, remove his Webelo neckerchief and a Scout acting the part of Akela gestures for him to cross the bridge. Once across, he is greeted by the Scoutmaster, fitted with a neckerchief and he gives the Scout salute. There are lots of great ceremonies out there on the web.