I was a boyscout in Blackhawk Area Council, NW Illinois, SW Wisconsin. I attended Summer Camp at Canyon Camp. We would have a evening program called the Vesper Trail. At the evening meal, we were told to pick up 12 small stones and put it in our pocket, and meet at the camp fire ring just before dark. We would then be led off on a trail and stop along the way. When we stopped we would turn off our flashlights and a voice would say the word TRUSTWORTHY!! and till us what that part of the Scout Law ment. At the end, the voice would ask us Scouts, have you been Trustworthy? If we felt that we had fullfilled that part of the Scout Law while at camp, we would quitly drop one stone on the trail. This would go on till we reached the Chapel, where we heard a speaker talk about the last part of the Scout Law, Reverant. We were then told that we should keep the rest of our stones in our pocket, and some time during the rest of the week, try to fulfill the rest of the oath, and come back to the Chapel and deposit any stones that we had left. I think this was on Monday, or Tuesday Night, and it was a good way to reflect on why we are in Scouting.

My question is was this something special for this Camp, or is this used elswhere??