Searching for new summer Camp

Hello. Troop 323 returned from "wonderful" Camp Joy in Carlyle, IL Saturday. Monday night at PLC it was brought to the PLC's attention that a new camp would be something to look into.

I come here tonight representing Troop 323 in our search. We are looking for a camp that meets the criteria listed below.

-No more than a 3-4 hour drive from Waterloo, IL

-Variety of merit badges

-Patrol method supported

-Patrol cooking for majority of meals

-High Adventure activities offered for the older boys

-Good aquatic area

-COPE is a good plus

-First Class program would be good

If you know of any camp around Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, etc please let me know either here or by PM.

thanks

Hops,

Im not from your area so i dont know any off hand but we found the camp we went to this year by word of mouth and i checked it using http://www.scoutcamp.org/ That site and under the heading where it says WELCOME TO SCOUTCAMP.ORG you click on camp database link. You can search by state and it gives peoples reviews of the camp.. i usually look for ones with a lot of reviews then look into them more closely, Just trying to help another scout out

YIS,

251 Scout

Spl

Camp Crooked Creek (just south of Louisville) meets most of your requirements. It has dining hall cooking, but I know some troops choose to cook their own meals. http://www.campcrookedcreek.com

Camp Roy Manchester in Western Kentucky has a great aquatic program and troops cook their own food. I've never attended it, but there are some folks on this forum that have.

Try S Bar F Scout Ranch. It's approximately 60 miles south of St. Louis.

You can find more info at www.stlbsa.org

You might also like Camp Lewallan, however they have no patrol cooking, all dining hall. Info at same website.(This message has been edited by babybear4747)

I would second the S-F Scout Ranch recomendation. It has everything you said you're looking for and more. They have an older scout program as well as a Ranger program, which is seperated. It becomes more of a high adventure experience. Contact me if you want more personal info