Putting "Twilight Camp" out to pasture

I hear your suggestions loud and clear, keep them coming, this is great.

So, we all agree that Twilight Camp sounds like something for over the hill campers. What should we call it then?

Give me some fantastic names to choose from!

Kristi

Next Summer's themes are "Invent a Reason to Celebrate"; "Red, White and Baloo"; and "Scouting it Out!"

OR

Sun Busters

Star Seekers

Moon Chasers

There and Back Again: A Cub Scout Holiday

Camp Vespers

Knightly Nights

Camp Night Lite

Race to TAPS

Make and Take, Shake and Bake, Come and Go Camp

Camp Carpe Diem!

Night Flyers

Mid Summer's Eve

What a Great Reason to Stay up Late! Camp

Campfire Nights

OR

Find a tribal word for Dusk

Theme it around some Native Legend that features the oncoming night

Have Fun!!!

jd

Heh- when I teach youth about nature, I teach them two new cuss words- 'stumpsuckers' (the small branches at the base of a tree- if anything happens to the tree, they grow in its place) and 'crepuscular' [kray- PUSS-cue-lar)(like nocturnal and diurnal, but means active in dawn and dusk). Calling someone a 'crepuscular stumpsucker' sounds pretty darn nasty, don't it? But the kids MEMORIZE those terms!

So, I'd go with Camp Crepuscular cuz I like the sound of it... but it does look a little odd!

I also like the sound of 'Bat Camp', but I can see it spooking out a lot of folks!

Keep in mind, this is a District camp and any changes in format, etc. should go thru the proper folks. Also I would suggest that you be careful about being perceived as negative on the past camps. My son enjoyed his experience two years ago and last years was also enjoyed by the participants. The boys don't always notice problems that occur at camps.

I have to admit that I was disappointed that you sent the email mentioned earlier to all the cub leaders in the District (except the current Director). Camp is next week and volunteers need to be upbeat and optimistic. I understand some of your frustration. I thank the members who have posted some very good advice. Be positive and open-minded during camp and you will attract new blood to help you in the five years of your tenure.

Good luck!

Um, well you see, the current director is the former CM of my pack so he is in the loop on this whole project. I sent that email out as a "reply to all" email to the email from our Roundtable commish and didn't take the time to check to see if his email was on it as the original email was supposed to go to all leaders in our district. I didn't send him a seperate email as we have a staff meeting for this years camp tomorrow and I prefered to cover my ambitions with him personally there. A blanket email to him wouldn't do justice to the multitude of questions I have for him. He has also said he will be "taking me under his wing" this week at camp and passing along what knowledge he can to me there. Again, that would seem a much better time to go over change of venue with him rather than in an email. I also sent a seperate email to my DE who is the camp admin. to check with him on some other questions as he probabaly won't be at the staff meeting. I didn't post that email here, maybe I should have as you seem to imply that I am sneaking around doing this behind someones back.

Something else that I didn't post here is that I hope to pass out camp evaluation forms at the end of this years camp to get some more feedback. (With the current camp directors approval of course.)

I just want to improve on camp. Since you are from my district would you like to volunteer now for next year? :)

Kristi(This message has been edited by cajuncody)