East Coast Summer Camps

I was just wondering if anyone has been to any outstanding camps on the east coast. we are looking around for future summers!

We have been to Ockanickon which is by far one of the nicest and best run camps i have been to. All of their staff is nice and we even have a staff memeber from our troop there! They have a nice, air conditioned dining hall with a nice pool and everything is well spread out! Your scouts will enjoy it.

Also, There is treasure island where we went last summer and this summer! IT is cool because it is on an island... yes, you have to get a boat over to it. Plus it is where the OA was started(i believe) so there is alot of history behind it. The staff members are awsome and it is a cool camp

ah good old TI, you just have to love that place.(it is where the OA started) One east coast camp that i reccomend strongly is Camp Henson on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Read my 3 camp review thread for details. It is a terrific camp that has a modern feel in an old fashioned setting.

• 5 weeks later...

I am awfully found of our Council's summer camp and its program/staff...Here is the website, (the webmaster is updating the camp page at the moment): http://www.jvcbsa.org/Camp/index.htm We also have a high adventure camp: SMAC, Aug. 7-12, 2005 We are also in the planning stages of offering Adult Training during all 4 weeks of summer camp this year!!

East coast = Del Mar Va Council camps Henson and Camp Rodney...Both camps... our boys loved! Rodney was the first camp (for which)I ever heard our boys making plans to return to, before even leaving for home...in my book, an impressive endorsement! Florida Seabase is another winner for older boys.

If you are interested in the green hills of Litchfield County, Connecticut I can offer you a small camp with a great program that I have been sending my child to for years, it is called Edmund D. Strang Scout Reservation in Goshen, CT.

It offers Venturing programs as well as regular scout activities from scuba to bi-weekly dance with fellow girls camp, Camp Mohawk in Litchfield.

If you are any means interested visit the website:

http://www.housatonicbsa.org

Or call the Housatonic Council phone line for more information at:

(203)734-3329 or the Scout Executive Steve McEwan at (203)924-4211

THIS CAMP IS HIGHLY CREDITED AND ONE OF THE BEST CAMPS IN NEW ENGLAND!

You may also email me at: CobraCrusade@yahoo.com

CTBOYSCOUT101

• 1 month later...

Visit www.trcbsa.org/Onteora/index.htm to find out about Onteora Scout Reservation. It is 1400-acres in the Catskill Mtns. about 2 hrs north of NYC, with a 40-acre lake. It is located within a half hour drive of the uppper Delaware River, and 20 minutes from the Beaverkill, which is a famous fly fishing area.

Virginia

Pipsico Scout Reservation (Camp Lions):

On the site of a former 900+acre plantation on the James River. Features include a climbing tower, low COPE course, dining hall, swimming pool, waterfront (rowing, canoeing, motorboating, small boat sailing, waterskiing), archeological dig (site of a 17th century house), first year camper program, over 40 MB offered. Located in Surry County, in close proximity to Jamestown, Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, Richmond, Norfolk, Virginia Beach.

Lots of space still available!

Download a leader's guide at www.tidewaterbsa.com

Click on "info" then "Camping at Pipsico"

(This message has been edited by scoutldr)(This message has been edited by scoutldr)