New to Camp Staff

This is my first year working at a camp in NY. It is a Cub scout camp that includes everthing from swimming to boating to crafts and more, I am working on the water front. I was just wondering If any of you had any suggestions on what to expect or do to make Camp even more fun.

-YIS

BSAT -- Welcome to the forums!

Does BSAT stand for Boy Scout Aptitude Test? Just kidding. If you're in High School, you'll get the joke.

My advice to you to have even more fun at Cub Scout Camp on staff is to take the job seriously. Work with the kids and do your duties well. There is plenty of time to play with your buddies on the off hours.

Remember that you're there, first and foremost, for the paying customer -- the Cub Scout. Your own fun will follow.

Good luck. Let us know how it works out.

Unc.

Sounds like a great camp.

Where there is little fellows and water, safety is number one.

Cub Scouts are a lot of fun, but can if you let them wear you out. You might do well to remember that a Scout is Cheerful.

A lot of people forget that Cub Scouts are Cub Scouts, they at times want them to be small Boy Scouts in blue uniforms. This is not so. Boys of Cub Scout age see the world in a different light then boys of Boy Scout age. They are not as strong or as well coordinated as Boy Scouts.

While safety is always in the forefront the best way to deal with these little Lads is to Keep it Simple, Make it Fun.

I am sure you will really enjoy working with these guys and will learn a lot from them. They will see you as someone who is really cool and someone that that they will want to be like.

The example you set will have a lot to do with the sort of Boy Scout that they will become.

Eamonn.