Bugling and summer camp

Let's see...

25 years of service, 12 active, 13 reserve...

0600 Reveille formation ... Listen for the 75mm pack howitzer to go off, present arms, listen to the call, order arms...

Battalion S-3 calls out...

"Battery Commanders, take charge of your batteries and conduct PT."

First call was played at 0550, at Riley, Sill, Babenhausen Kaserne (Darmstadt MILCOM), Abrams Compound (IG Farben Building in Frankfurt), and Yongsan Army Garrison, Seoul.

In Reserve service, no first call, but by golly, we stood Reveille... and went to work.

John

John-in-KC,

First, thanks for your service in the military. I guess you know what it means to wake up and go to sleep to the bugle. The thing is why does it seem that what is on web sites vary?

The web site you linked had this on reveille

http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/reveille.asp

REVEILLE

Signals the troops to awaken for morning roll call. Used to accompany the raising of the National Colors.

I'm just wondering why some state that it is for wake up and other that the troops are in formation like you did? Please don't read this as I'm trying to debate you on this, just that there seems to be comflicting info on the web. Also with the BSA trying not to be too militaristic maybe they just chose revielle to wake up to.

By the way, what area out side of KC are you in MO side or KC/KS. I went to collage at CMSU in Warrensburg back when Whiteman AFB was a SAC base. I took flying lesson then and seening all the silos while flying was neat I would love to be able to see a B-2 flying in while up in the air.