Housatonic Council-Edmound Strang Scout Reservation!

Hi,

My name is Robert, and I am a scout in Housatonic Council in lower Connecticut. I want to tell you about one of the best Boy Scout Camps in the tri-state area! People from all over Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, and Massachussets come to our camp every year. You can either reserve a subcamp in the camp for your troop or have your child or troop member join up with another troop. This summer camp allows boys to earn a lot of merit badges and to meet new friends.

For more information and to tell other people about this great camp visit:

www.housatonicbsa.org

The right choice when it comes to summer camp!

-Robert

Actually if you wish to learn more about this camp here is the Camp Director's email:

Tom Transue:

eusnart@comcast.net

or Housatonic Council Scout Executive:

smcewan@bsamail.org

I hope this helps and hopefully you will check out this great camp and I'll see you there!

BTDTGTS (Been there, done that, got the shirt)... and the mug and the neckercheif and the photos and the memories... Great camp.

(Welcome to the campfire)

While your posting so much info, let me add a link to their home page http://www.housatonicbsa.org/

and one to my photos from your council's air show... http://www.onmyhonor.com/events9900/air/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks wignut for posting some links, very helpful! Yes, the air show back was great, time flies doesn't it?

Attention: Camping grounds for summer camp are starting to fill up with many troops from Greenwich council now booking up camping grounds. If you eish to have your whole troop attend act now, but there are pleanty of personal spaces left for single children who will be placed with a different troop, preferrably with their council or state.

Here is a link to the council's new pdf file that tells you all about the activites of the camp, pricing, location, directions from cities and about all the fun you can have at camp!(contains photos also)

http://housatonicbsa.org/campforms/Strang%20Reservation/2004/2004%20Housatonic%20Council%20BSA%20Summer%20Camping%20Programs.pdf

Hope this helps you in further detail!

CTBoyScout101

If you huys still want to go to this great camp, you better act now before the best spots book up, I recommend Wepawaug myself, its colse to most things in the camp!

Here is a link to the roster of troops signed up for what camps when, and what camps are still open. Check back soon for updates as well.

http://www.housatonicbsa.org/campforms/Strang%20Reservation/2004/2004_scout_camp_season.htm

Also, feel free to email the people I posted above you may need to copy and past them for a new letter when sending an email however. And you may also contact me at: BostonRob101@yahoo.com

Or you can just reply on this page also. Go on' check out the camp page. There is a link on a few threads above and book yourself in one of the nation's best small camps of the Northeast!

Just saw the new updates on the council website, if you plan to attend this summer camp and reserve camping ground for your troop act now. Click the website link on the previous message for more information. And feel free to call the council about any questions regarding the camp!

Hope to see you there,

CTBoyScout101

So our camp schedule is coming to an end, there are a few spots remaining during the July 4th session for a few troops and one during the 3rd week after. Also, I recently found out that Connecticut Rivers Council is going to be holding their day camp at our camp if any of y'all want to check it out.

Ciao and I urge you take the time and look into our camp,

CTBoyScout101