Essex International Jamboree

Hi All

I'm on the staff team at this years Essex International Jamboree here in sunny (and sometimes rainy!) England and was wondering if any of you are coming over to see us this time? You can check us out at www.essexscouts.org.uk/jamboree I'll check this topic to see if there are any replies, in the mean time happy Scouting to you all.

Phil Unwin

Essex International Jamboree Team

No it's not on the same site. The Essex International jamboree is on a farm site of 150 acres near the village of Kirby-le-Soken. Follow this link to see where we will be. www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=51.8559&lon=1.2338&scale=25000

Eurojam is at Hylands Park near Chelmsford also in Essex. this is a large country park and is also the venue for the 2007 World Jamboree. Eurojam is being seen as a good way to prepare for the much bigger set up required for the World Jamboree.

Web links:

www.eurojam.org

www.scouting2007.org

Phil(This message has been edited by Phil)(This message has been edited by Phil)

Hi Phil.

Had a look at the web site. Things are looking good.

Sad to say most of the troops on this side of the pond would need a lot more notice. We also have the National Jamboree coming up in 2005, so there are a lot of Scouts saving up for that.

My one sister just moved to Chelmsford last year. She was going to a Elton John concert last year at what will be the site of the World Jamboree. If I am over at the time of the Essex Jamboree I will look in.

It is nice to have another Brit in the Forum. It would be great to hear how all the changes are working out.

Welcome to the forum.

Eamonn

Nice to be here. As you mention Eamonn, there have been lts of changes in Scouting here. Probably best to post in the "Open Discussion" forum on that subject. By the way I'm a moderator on our own forum system, feel free to join us at: www.essexscouts.org.uk/forums.

Best wishes

Phil