Off to Heritage

We are off to summer camp tomorrow. Myself and 3 others will be heading out to Heritage Reservation around 11 AM. The rest of the Troop will join us Sunday. Have a great 4th of July & I'll catch ya'll when I get back! Keep the campfire burning.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

Hope you have a great week.

(No Sneeking off to Nemocolin Woodlands - Even if the food is a little better there, Ok, maybe more then a little !!! Try the Elk it is outstanding.)

I won't be going to Heritage with our Troop for the first time in 7 years (actually, our Troop only goes toi Heritage every other year). I'm going to miss it. But I am driving Scouts down there and back.

I was considering playing golf at Nemocolin Woods if I can find a way to get on. Anyone going to be in the area Sat. 8/16 with their sticks?

Mark

Ed,

I have heard great things about Heritage. I hope everything works out well. If your troop ever considers going to Rodney Scout Reservation in North East, MD (on the Cheasepeake), let me know. My troop attends that camp regularly (every August). It would be neat to hook up with you guys at camp one year.

Wow it is really cool to see so many heading to Heritage. My troop leaves for there on July 20. Although a week on the Bay sounds pretty awesome too.

I don't know what the green fees are at the "woods". But the course does look enticing. There is a new sporting goods store there now. Built by the same guy that owns 84 lumber and Nemocolin. It is modeled after the Cabelas stores. Stuffed animals and all. I have not been there yet, but I plan on checking it out on the way to camp.

SM406,

Thanks for making me check my dates. It is 7/19, not 8/16, that I will be heading to Heritage. So if you want to play on Sat, 7/19, THAT's when I'll be there!

If you're going to be at Freedom, try to find Troop 75 from Greater Western Reserve in Ohio when you're there. Dave will be our acting SM, and I'm pretty sure my older son Matt will be there as an adult leader (man that sounds odd calling my son an adult leader!). Look them up and let them know I wish I were there. They'll get a kick out of it. And then feel free to report back and let me know how the Troop looked. This is the first year I'm not the lead adult, so I'm curious how much better Dave will do than I did. I bet a lot!

Have fun!

Mark

Mark,

We camp at Liberty, but I will make time to visit your troop. I hope you have a good round and I wish I could join you. However I have final preps for camp. I have heard that with all of the rain lately the lake is really full. The first week of camp, the scouts had to wait until Thursday to get in the water. Look forward to meeting your son and your troop.

Ray Frear

Scoutmaster Troop 406

Beaver, PA.

We're back. The weather was lousy but still had a great week at camp. The Troop did good & the counselors were good.

Drove right past the 84 guys place on the mountain. I've been in his new outdoor store. Over the top is the only way I can describe it.

Rooster7,

I would say what you heard is true. Heritage is a great place.

SM406,

What site at Liberty? We were in Yorktown.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

Joe Hardy, is the owner of Nemocolin Woodlands.

He is is a big supporter of Westmoreland Fayette Council.

We have both a trap shoot and a dinner there every year.

Joe, was a Silver Beaver recipient four years ago.

evmori,

We will be at Fort Multrie. Weather wise this week looks great. Hoping it holds for next week when we go. Even a wet week at camp is better than no camp at all!

SM406