Leave for Summer Camp

I leave for summer camp tomorrow, Sunday the 29th, at around 10 AM central time. I cant wait. My troop is going to Camp Sunnen in Potosi, MO. It is a part of the Trails West Council out of S IL. I'll be back on the forums Saturday afternoon.

Later, and all have a good week. Hopefully no rain at camp:).

Got back from camp this morning.... first thing I did... get on here:)

Not a terrible week, hot afternoons, cold mornings. Rain Wednesday night though not as bad as at home.... 3 and a half inches in about 2 hours!!!!!

I earned 4 merit badges, three of them being required...

Climbing

First Aid

Emergency Preparedness

Camping

and a partial on cooking

I have two requirements left for Star!!!!

hops--I'm so glad you posted how your week went. I was hoping you would do so :) It sounds like a great week of camp. Congrats to you on all that you accomplished, and keep up the good work...um, I mean fun ;)

Thanks Ed.

The food was horrible(except for last night when the adults cooked for us:)) My patrol couldnt keep anything warm, or even cooked...:(

All of the patrols in my troop(4 of them) got the Baden Powell Award.

I am a troop guide for the new patrol. My fellow guide in the patrol finished his Eagle recently though he is a pain in the butt. ;)

I want to go back for a few days!!:(:)

I head for Key West Tuesday:(:(

Key West rates two frownie faces?!?! Dude, we gotta talk! Have a conch fritter for me -- not the little stringy things they serve the touristas, but the real deal that looks like a big piece of fried swiss cheese. It's a few years before I can tell you all the other places in Key West hit.

Congrats on being tapped out -- er, called out. When do you do your Ordeal? Let us know. You should really look forward to it.

Key West gets two frowns because we have to drive from St. Louis down there and back in a minivan. That is six of us, youngest being 12 years old ( also in scouts, but not as active as me)

We drive for 2 1/2 days there, stay for two days, and come back. No fun.:(

My ordeal will be in either the fall or spring, depends on when the fall ordeal is due to high school sports.

Good Job.

Sounds like you had fun.

Cooking at camp takes practice, but does get better.

Don't fret, I have had Leaders serve me Chicken that looked like "Road-kill" and tasted even worse.

I just spend the day at our Parent and Son, Cub Scout camp (Overnight).

As ever it was a lot of fun.

For my sins I, as ever got to run the Camp Fire. You could have knocked me over when there was two skits, that I had never seen before.

It is out of this world to see the boys and the parents having such a good time.

For my other sins, I get to run the dishwasher.

I don't know how much we pay the Staff member who does this, I do know that whoever he is, he deserves more money !!

OJ, is off tomorrow for a week with his Troop. Think I will take him out to lunch.

He really got very involved with the OA.

Loved it from day one. He was Brotherhood Chair. This year. They had the Elections at the June weekend, and he ran for and got to be Vice Chief (Program) He has his eye on one day becoming Chief.

Don't tell anyone, but I'm not that keen on Florida. Last time I was there we we to the Everglades, did the Windboat thing and I got eaten alive by the supersized bugs. We are going to the Mouse House, over Thanksgiving. Not my idea. But I'm taking two weeks away for Wood Badge, and this is Her Who Must Be Obeyed way of making me pay. My boss has gone to Philmont, not sure why. Her husband is a bishop in the LDS. I offered to drive them, but she said that someone had to work - Not Fair.

I am really happy when I hear that you or any other Scout,is having a good time and making the most of what Scouting has to offer.

Keep up the good work.

Hops,

Congrats on your OA call out. Summer Hodag (Ordeal weekend) is Aug 15 -17. Hope to see you there. If not we will catch you in April for Spring Ordeal.

Heading out to Camp Joy for a few days this week, and headed to Philmont with the Mt Vernon guys next week.

Cary P

Advisor to Vice Chief

Taleka Lodge 81