Our summer camp offers 41! with 5 required for Eagle. The addition of a Fine Arts area last year (painting, art, sculpture, theatre, public speaking and music) may explain the higher number. :)

Forgive my ignorance but is this normal for summer camp that they offer this many merit badges and so many required ones? I have been all around the Cubbie program but this is the first year my son is a Boy Scout. My Stepson is an Eagle Scout, but was 16 when I started dating his father so I am not sure what he earned in previous summer camps to compare to now.

Thanks,

Joni

Every other year we go to Summer Camp in the states. I don't have the sheet in front of me, but I seem to remember two full columns of merit badge offerings, which is probably 32 - 34. Of those, Camping, Env. Science, Swmming Lifesaving and Hiking, all Eagle required. are offered.

My perspective as to it being a MB mill? Not really. The badges you'd expect to be easy, basketry and leatherwork, for instance, are easy. Env. Science and Lifesaving are tough. Most of our boys come away with 2 - 4 badges, depending on the mix. I wouldn't say that is mill - like.

Mark

Our summer camp offers 20 merit badges, 5 of which are Eagle requirements. All are offered before lunch except Astronomy. The afternoons are for activites and adventure.

Most scouts earn 2 merit badges during the week, but a lifetime of stories to tell.