Displaying the Eagle Scout Rank

An 18 year old scouter asked a question in the middle of another string that never got answered, so I thought I'd throw it in here.

The question was, can he were his Eagle Scout Badge now that he has turned 18?

The answer is yes and no. You can were a patch that signifies you are an Eagle but it is not the rank patch. It is a red, white and blue square knot worn directly above the left hand pocket. All rank badges are for youth wear only. See the Insignia Guide for the specific location. You can also wear a red and green knot if you earned Arrow of Light in Cub Scouts.

Bob

Since Venturing has it's own advancement program, a youth member in a venture crew would not wear the Eagle Scout rank badge. According to the Venturing Leader Manual. The manual under the heading The Venture Uniform say, "On dress up occassions such as a parents' night, open house, or awards ceremony, it is appropriate to wear awards such as the Eagle Scout, Bronze, Gold, Silver, Ranger and Quartermaster Award". The awards they are refering to are all medals.

Bob

I believe that is referring to the metal awards, not the patch.

Though it may not be "legit," I have seen quite a few Eagles on Venturing uniforms, and I haven't seen that many Venturing uniforms!

Plus, in Venturing, the "uniform" is much more flexible than in Boy Scouts. Each crew picks their own.

Brad

andrews,

According to the Venturing Leader Manual their "choice of Uniforms" is between the Spruce Green Venturing uniform and the Sea Scout Uniform (page 7 last paragraph). When doing field activities they can be out of uniform and wear clothing appropriate to the activity.

The Eagle medals(not the Eagle patch, because that is for the Boy Scout Uniform Only.)can be worn on either the Venture Scout uniform or the Sea Scout uniform for formal occasions only. (page 8 first paragraph of the Venture Leader Manual)