Going To San Isabel?---You Should Reconsider!!!!

Well Folks:

I'm not sure how to describe this summer camp in southern Colorado. One week of San Isabel is one week too long! The staff usually would not cooperate to make the program work. My staff was intertwined with theirs for one week because we could not use our own camp (forest closure). We tried our hardest to make the program work alongside theirs. Oh...and let me tell you something about "open scheduling"--it doesn't work! The boys are cheated because they aren't able to experience a true camp program. Most of the counselors "pencil whip" the kids in sessions because they don't want to take the time to actually teach a requirement. Oh yeah....did I mention the major health violation? The latrines were foul and unsanitary the entire week. They were not pumped out on a regular basis and the ammonia smell from the waste was so strong your eyes would burn a matter of seconds after entering the blasted smelly latrine! Our staff was also slandered throughout the week. My counselor for university badges was labeled a racist and overbearing when the truth is, he was enthusiastic and San Isabel's remarks held no weight or bearing to them. Most troops were rather disgusted with the situation and I guess we must have done something right.....some of those same troops are now looking into literature on our camps.

What is it with latrines? It seems that virtually no one can get them to work.

Last year I went to Goshen in Virginia and the latrines had barely any odor and a staffer told me that the only time that they needed to be pumped out was if someone killed the bacteria in them by dumping cleaning solution into it.

This year I went to Heritage in Pa. and the latrines stunk to high heaven.

Surely if they can do it in Virginia, they can do it anywhere.

Hello. CAUTION.

I'd say who is brockdaddy? He mentions his "staff". I note his profile is not completed. Is this a scouter?

I often hear about San Isabel. I usually hear good comments. So, if you're going to trash a camp, you need both credentials as well as identification to be credible.

CAUTION.