Article in the August issue of National Geographic about Summer Camps. Doesn't mention BSA but still it's Summer Camp!

Here is a link to part of the article and some pictures:

http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0208/feature8/index.html

The camp they talked about has girls on one side of the lake and boys on the other. They get together for a dance. One of the 9 year old girls asks about the boys "Do they have fleas?". Another girl answers "I have two brothers, and I can tell you they do".

"Do they bite?"

"If they do, that's your problem." (said by counselor).

• 4 months later...

Our troop has gone to Rodney and Camp Hansen (hanson?) the last two summers, we have taken @ 30-35 scouts the last two summers, and at both camps had great times. Our boys wanted to go back (to either) but they could not accomodate our group on our planned week. I doubt if you can go wrong selecting either of these camps....We have never heard our boys "planning" a trip back to a camp 'next summer' before they had left the camp (this summer)! By the way both camps are opperated by the same council...great job gals and guys of Del Mar Va! Anyone have experience with Camp Bonner in North Carolina...we are thinking of going there...?