Le Voyageur,

Our Troop has been attending Blue Ridge camps for years. We're from a nearby council whose camp is growing and growing, but has just never impressed me. Since the Blue Ridge camps have had such excellent programs for years, our Scouts expect to go. We've also been to Camp Shenandoah and Camp Daniel Boone. Good programs, but we wind up coming back to Camp Powhatan or Camp Ottari. We've participated in most of the offered programs, and they've all been outstanding.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're heading back to Camp Crooked Creek again; we usually hit it

on alternate years and always have a great time. We'll be there for the first week but have every confidence in their staff.

Hoping to get to Camp Powhatan again next year but thats a bit out there yet...

Le Voyageur,

Will do. I hope to get back into leading the high adventure group of our Troop next year (no one else wants to do it). I tend to do that on alternating years. I want to know more about your canoeing program. I'm training my base camp replacement this year.

Looking forward to the trip as always,,

sst3rd

• 1 month later...

Blass Scout Reservation part of the Quapaw Area Council in Little Rock. The camp is 2500 acres West of Damascus, AR. At one time it could boast of being the best protected Scout Camp in the US. It had Titan Missle underground silos surrounding it in 3 directions.

We are going to Rota-Kiwan in Kalamazoo, MI. Also as Dan did we went to Camp Phillips in WI last year. I go to a different camp every year so a scout will not see the same camp twice in his tenture in the troop.

Dan, I would like to know the week you are going.

I am going the first week of camp. June 23, thru June 29.

I have been to Camp Tapico several times. It is in Kalkaska, MI, and is owned and operated by the Tall Pine Council of Flint, MI. I know this is out of the way for most, but look in to it. It offers patrol cooking, a great break from all that dining hall food. The camp is huge, so huge that you have to take your bikes to make it to classes on time. Take it from a scout- Tapico is great.

Dan,

I did my Wood Badge there in "95". I have a few patrol mates from that area. One of my Patrol mates will be there the week you are. His name is Doug Wheaten. Look him up, he's a great guy. I do my best to make those guys do you right.

In Scouting

Dancin

Our troop will be attending Camp Friedlander near Loveland Ohio in the Dan Beard Council. It is newly renovated this year with a new lake, a/c dining hall and new camp facilities.

http://www.danbeardcamps.org

Wanna know why the boys chose that camp this year? Flush tiolets!!

(This message has been edited by scoutmaster424)

• 4 weeks later...

We just had out 10 day out meeting for Camp Friedlander and it looks to be a good time. The new camp looks great, the new lake is awesome. Spoke to some of the unit leaders out there too, and their reviews were good, except for the mention of the typical first day hectics. I am looking forward to it. I will let you know of our experience on the 29th.

Spork, Will you coming to Peterloon this October?