• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We go to Heritage Reservation each year. There is a Cub/Webelos camp as well as two Boy Scout camps - dinning hall & patrol cooking. We go to the patrol cooking one. All located on Lake Courage!

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

My son will be going to Camp Sidney Dew in North Georgia. I hear it's great. The local people are very supportive, many of the local residents volunteer their time to work at the camp. It's what "everybody" does. Was told that the new scout program has 2 adults on staff for every 5 scouts! They not only teach the swimming merit badge but they teach basic swimming for those boys who are starting from the beginning.

www.nwgabsa.org/campmain.htm

Our troop will be attending Lefeber Northwoods Camp in Laona, Wisconsin, operated by the Milwaukee County Council. Our older scouts will be attending Laguna Station, a High Adventure camp on South Padre Island, Texas.

Owasippe Scout Reservation Whitehall Michigan

owned and operated by the Chicago Area Council

We have three resident camps as well as a family camp. We also have a High Adventure Base which offers week long Backpack treks in the Manistee National Forest, a Canoe/Backpack combo, (walk some paddle some) and a week long Horse Trek, you rid'em you feed'em you care for'em. It's been around since 1911.

Proud Staff Member of Rodney Scout Reservation. It is located in Maryland right on the Chesapeake Bay! If you love to sail, then Rodney is the camp for you(I am not just saying this because I am the Sailing Base Director, but if you do go to Rodney tell them I need a raise!J/K)!