The BSA did at one time produce Cub Scout Boy Scout and eagle Scout rings, I believe they also had an Explorer ring. Unfortunately low sales halted production. I know of know one else who makes one. I'm presuming that you did your own extensive search on the internet as many of us probably have, and come up with the same results. You could try to have a custome one made or as suggested in another string, contact the makers of high school and college rings to see if they can make one. $$$$$

Bob

Our local scout shop is a National Scout Shop. They told me it is no longer a stock item available in the catalog, but is available by special order. The one tha looks just like the paperweight is called the "Academy-Style Ring". In 2001 catalog it was avail in berylium for $92.00, or in Sterling Silver for $147, or 10K gold for $749.95 (2001 prices). There is also an "Eagle Scout High School Class Ring" with the Eagle rbbon on one side and school mascot on the other name of school around the center stone, etc., for 137.50 in valadium, $331.25 in 10K Gold, and 331.25 in 10K White Gold (2001 prices). That one has a choice of color stones and the Eagle logo under the stone. Please tell us what luck you hve if you try to special order these rings.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the one that Troop_dad posted the order form for but instead of the name on the side it has my Eagle Scout year. Mine was a gift from my Pack leaders & parents when I stepped down as Cubmaster to cross-over to a troop.

Dang, I hope they did not spend that much for it!!

• 1 month later...

For those of you interested in Eagle Scout Rings, there's a couple of ways you can go about it:

1) Call BSA National (or ring manufacturer; I didn't call this number yet) at 800-323-0732. They offer 2 different styles of Eagle Scout Rings (Traditional & Academy), but they're not shown on the Scoutstuff website. They'll e-mail you a pdf order form with pictures if you ask.

2) I spoke with Jostens (they manufacture High School & College Graduation rings), and according to them, they will soon be offering Eagle Scout rings. Here's how to get a look at their Eagle Scout ring offerings on their website:

* Go to http://shop.jostens.com/default.asp

* Select "Groups and Organizations" as your school or group type

* Enter the state of North Carolina and press the 'Tab' key on your keyboard

* Enter the group name of Boy Scouts of America and click on Find

* Click on 'Boy Scouts of America'

* Click on the ring to bring up the available designs

3) If you want something like a Silver Signet Ring, there's a company in Germany that manufactures their own Eagle Scout Signet Rings & sells them on E-Bay. The web address of this company's E-Bay store is http://stores.ebay.com/secret-of-art. Enter "Eagle Scout" in the store search, and if they have some available, they'll pop up.

Other than that, I didn't see any decent rings. Most of the stuff I saw in a google search was absolute garbage, and I wouldn't want me or my son wearing it. Hope you find what you're looking for!

By the way, there's a great webpage that shows the history of Eagle Scout rings: www.eaglescoutbadge.com/Rings.html. The standard "Traditional" Eagle Scout ring made by Jostens (which I've mentioned above) is a type 4 ring, while the "Academy" style of Eagle Scout ring is a type 6 ring. The Silver Signet ring I alluded to in the above message is the type 7 ring (pics to be posted on the website soon).

• 3 weeks later...

I asked the ring maker from Germany if they were official suppliers of the BSA and they said no, their ring was not licensed. They would not grant permission to use the photo's of their rings on my website www.eaglescoutbadge.com .

YIS