All I can say is, be careful when buying an Eagle Scout ring. I'm an Eagle Scout myself, and will always support the BSA, but I've also got to look out for the health & safety of my son. Unfortunately, one of the manufacturers of Eagle Scout rings the BSA was marketing & selling may not have been so cautious; apparently, some BSA Eagle Scout rings in the past were made with Beryllium, which is a deadly metal. BSA may or may not have been involved in a lawsuit regarding this; they were asked by an Ohio Citizens group to recall the Beryllium Eagle Scout rings for safety reasons (which may be why scoutstuff has no Eagle Scout rings for sale on the website):

http://www.ohiocitizen.org/campaigns/brush/boy-scout-letter.html

So, as consumers, maybe we should also look at other things besides automatically saying "buy only BSA trademarks". It's very important, but I'd much rather know the Eagle Scout ring my son is wearing won't make him sick or worse; family comes first.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a new eagle scout ring coming...

It is a whole new design style and was designed by a 17 year old eagle scout.

It is a signet style ring with a carved eagles head on the round shaped top.

The top side of all the rings features the word "HONOR" thus the ring is called the "Eagle Honor ring".

The sides of the ring will be available with either a polished finish or a really cool Pine Bark finish.

Custom sides will also be available with options such as the Philmont brand, Order of the Arrow insignias, year eagle attained and troop numbers.

The rings will only be available to eagle scouts and is designed specifically NOT to look like a school ring. More information will be coming soon.....

The website will be www.eaglehonor.com (but is not launched yet).

We expect it to be up in the next 10 days.

Yes, we have been working with BSA for over four months.

The licensing process is rigerous and complete.

The national Scout office does an incredible job making sure all licensed products are top quality, manufactured properly, and made of products that are safe and environmentally friendly.

It may also be of interest to you that every licensed manufacturer must sign a pledge to operate his/her business according to the Scout Oath & Law.

Of two owners of the company, one is an Eagle Scout, the other (me) never quite got there (Life Scout).

The rings we are manufacturing with be made only in proven safe metals, sterling silver, golds, and palladium. All have been used in jewelry for at least 100 years.

We verify the standard of our metals using XRF technology, measuring parts per million.

EagleHonor2

This is very good news. I am now getting back into Scouting. I always wanted the Eagle ring but got out of scouts before I got it. I will be anxious to see what your rings look like and affordability.

I am 51 years old and am as excited about getting back into scouting as I was at 11 when I joined.

Eagle Honor - Nice rings. The bold, in-your-face eagle is a great design. Surely that will grab some attention. The tree bark finish is very nice as well. However, the thing that I wanted most on the side of my ring was an Arrow of Light! You say you offer this choice; it would be so great to see some more images on your site!

I was too poor to get a class ring, and the only ring I have is my All-State Football ring (which they gave me for free). I rarely wear it because... I guess I have grown up. But even though I am 26, I would love to get an Eagle Scout ring as it is a very great honor each of us should be proud of. It really is a life-achievement.

Also, I tried to call and leave my info but was quickly cut off by your message system. I'll try again some other time.

Billy F,

We can certainly make the ring for you with the arrow of light logo on the side.

The rings can be seen live at C. Kirk Root Designs Arboretum location, in Austin, Texas. The cool thing about this design is we can computer design just about any BSA logo and have it deep stamped (Milled) into the side of the ring. We are officially licensed by BSA and would love to talk with you further regarding the project.

• 6 months later...

A few years ago I ordered one of the sterling silver academy style Eagle rings. Ever since buying it I've wished that it could have been personalized because there's nothing on the ring that makes it exclusively mine. I just looked at the Josten's web site and their academy style ring allows a name and year to be included. Has anyone purchased one of these? One of the things I have always liked about the ring is that it is fairly large, almost like a championship ring. I just wonder if the Josten ring is as large or larger.

Thanks for the info, Eagle92. I was hoping because of the rectangular shape and similarity to the sterling ring I have that that the Josten ring would be as large or larger. The ring I have is larger than my college ring.