Another New Feature: User Ratings

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eamonn, based on what Terry has posted and my own experience the past few days with this new world of stars and rankings, I think that means you are not "logged in." It seems that the system logs you in automatically under some circumstances but not under others. My computer at work seems to have the right circumstances but my computer at home does not, and I can't figure out how to change it. However, you should see a screen allowing you to log in, you may have to scroll down to get to that part. (Previously you only had to log in when you were actually writing a post and maybe when you were editing your profile, which for some reason I can't do anyway; and the login for posting was part of the post form itself. Now to use some of the new features you have to log in separately.)

Terry, is that all correct?

• Administrators

That's correct... you need to log in... which you can do by clicking the Site Members Login in the box at the top of the right column of the site. If you are still having trouble logging in there, then check to make sure your computer is set to accept cookies... if you aren't accepting cookies, we can't log you in. (By default, it would be set to accept cookies, you would have had to deactivate that feature intentionally.)

TERRY HOWERTON

OK, now everybody seems to have either 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, 4.5 or 5 stars. No 3.5 but more oddly, no "whole numbers" except for the perfect score. TwoCub must have posted some really great posts to go from 1.5 to 4.5 in one day while many of us stayed at 2.5. :) (I realize that was probably caused by some of Terry's "tweaking" of the formula, and it just worked out that way. Unless TwoCub is going around giving "thumbs up" to all of his posts from the last 60 days. :) )

• 4 weeks later...