Does anyone have a suggestion for camp sheets and blankets for the summer? During the hot months I usually sleep with sheets and a light acrylic blanket, especially at summer camp where we sleep on cots.

This past weekend was in the upper 90s with similar humidity. Cotton sheets were like sleeping under a wet kleenex.

Anyone have a better suggestion?

I would be interested in knowing also as I am going to Jambo this year (as an ASM) so will be in warm and humid weather on a cot.

Eureka and Slumberjack both make "60 degree plus" bags that sound like they are designed for warm weather.

It would be interesting to hear if any one had experience with these.

Looking on Campmor.com, they have a variety of nylon and poly-cotton sheets and bag liners. They also have them in silk in the $40-$50 range. Sounds expensive, but I'm looking at more than three weeks on a camp cot this summer.....

Anyone have any experience with this?

I bought a queen size flat sheet and sewed it into a sleep sack, one of these days I will make another with some bug netting at the head end to keep the skeeters away. Used to have a link to a place that sold silk cloth suitable for this or bag liners, lost in a dead computer.

You know, I pretty much left Scouting when I aged out, and returned a few years ago. Somewhere in there, I misplaced my pink pajamas. Does anyone know what happened to them? Is it one of those gray area PC kinds of things?

Coleman makes a battery powered ceiling fan that you can tie over your cot. Don't fall for the smaller, cheaper more flimsy fan options. It needs 4 D cells and they will last 3 nights each. If it is not looking like rain, fold the fly up the most you can. Microfiber sheets are probably best but the fan will probably make the regualr cotton ones OK. I sometimes just use a cotton flannel sheet and then I don't need a blanket. We are in south Texas so our summer lasts 6-8 months. Good luck

For a compact tent fan, look at this one. It is not cheap, but it is the smallest and most incredible fan I have ever seen.

http://www.amplestuff.com/compactdeskfan.aspx

We picked up a pair of these after Hurricane Ivan (2004) and with a set of Duracells in each, I am buying my third set of batteries this week. Yes, you can get well over 200 hrs of use out of one set of batteries. Really cool is the variable speed and the 4 hour auto shutoff. My son and I are taking these to camp next week where daytime temps are in the 90s and evening in the upper 70s or lower 80s.

As far as sheets go, either go with cheap Wal-Mart sheets or a liner. The silk is great, but I use a thin flannel mummy liner (REI). My son has a cotton mummy liner (Alps Mountaineering). Each of us are very happy with what we use.

In the winter, of course, we can use these with our mummy bags to lower the rating.

We usually bring a regular sleeping bag to sleep on top of, which to me is much more comfortable.

I always use an Army Surplus poncho liner:

http://www.amazon.com/G-I-Style-Poncho-Liner-Woodland/dp/B000HP2C8Q

They breathe, are thick enough to keep the bugs off, can be wrung to almost dry after being soaked, and are compressible enough to stuff into a cargo pocket on your pants. The only draw back is that they will slide off during the night, so I'll combine with a bag liner if it's cool enough.

I stopped by the local REI and looked at their selection. Their best recommendation was a microfiber bag liner for $40. Based on that I got a set of twin-sized microfiber bed sheets from Wal-Mart. I'll try them out next week at camp and let you guys know how they work out.

I usually sleep with a light sheet (cotton's been OK) and a heavy-duty emergency blanket (not the cheap "space blanket" jobs). If it's hot, I sleep on top of the blanket; if the temps dip down, I wrap myself up in it and stay warm.