Dutch Over recommendations....?

Our troop has a mix of dutch ovens (I do not know the brands). I have a Lodge which I like better than some of the troop ones, even though it is smaller. Mine has a lip around the edge to hold the coals, while the troop ones have a dome top and a different lid handle. We also have a plethora of gridles and fry pans.

If ever you find yourself near Chattanooga, go about 45 minutes west to Pittsburgh, TN, where the Lodge factory (and outlet) is. The Lodge company is actually a Charter Partner for a troop (I bet they are stocked!); I met one of their scouts who was a staff member at Skymont last year. I can never get the troop to stop at the outlet on when we drive by. I will have to keep working on that....

What kind of price break do you get at the Lodge Outlets? I was thinking of heading to Gatlinburg later this summer and stopping by an outlet in Sevierville, TN. But Bass Pro has 20% off all CDO's in stock. I am hoping to start off our new Webelos with some outdoor cooking this summer, and I wasn't sure which way to go. I will keep an eye out for garage sales and flea markets.

I've been to the lodge shop on the way to Gatlinburg. The answer is, it depends. Like many outlet places, if there are overstocks then they might be discounting them pretty well. Also, sometimes there will be a batch of "scratch and dent" or otherwise not perfect stuff at good discounts. For those, it really just depends on timing and availability.

Otherwise, it's a store with a very good selection, but not necessarily the best prices.