someone a couple of weeks ago, posted a link to a collapsable daypack. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Anybody remember that post? I'd like to look at that pack closer. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

MKH

Don't remember a "collapsable" day pack. What do you mean by that?

My day pack is a medium Alice pack with Blackhawk Enhanced Alice straps. For lighter expeditions, I use an ALICE belt with suspenders and butt pack.

I just purchased the LLBean pack referenced above for my new Scout son. So did a friend for their son. I also looked at the LandsEnd version. It was nice too, but doesn't seem to have a waist belt nor a self-packing pocket attached as the LLBean version has.. It was also on backorder till the end of this month. The LLBean version that I ordered seems like it will do the job well and it was significantly less expensive. Ordered on a late Sunday night and it was on my doorstep Wednesday afternoon. Will update you all after the first weekend in June when we put it to the test!

Good Luck Shopping!

• 11 months later...

A medium Army/Marine ALICE is a great day pack. Big enough to carry more than what you need for a day hike/overnighter. 3 nice external pockets, one internal small pocket and top flap/map pocket....

On the other hand my favorite commerical day ruck is the North Face Kletter. Huge internal pocket, ont top flap pocket, two external cargo loops....Great Ruck!