1962 boy scout tent on EBay

I own two of them. I love them...wouldn't sell them. I am trying to figure out how to make them out of silnylon. Using Canvas and the 4-piece aluminum pole (plus stakes) they weigh in at about 5 1/2 pounds. They have no floor, I carry a sheet of black plastic cut to half the floor size. They are great for two scouts or one adult. In the 8 years I used them as a scout in the 70's I only had 1 blow down once. Shincatink(sp) Island in a serious wind storm without sand/snow anchors. Tent blew down about 0300 and we ended up sleeping on the bottoms of the walls to hold it up the rest of the night. I've heard people say they wouldn't want to use it in extreme weather...I've had it up to 105 in texas and down to about

-20 in Virginia, in the snow, in the rain...It's never let me down. It's not the best tent ever made but I've had good luck with it and....it's always a topic of conversation. Like I said earlier, I'd like to make one out of sil. I figure it would weigh in at just over a pound and unless your 8 ft tall you can still kneel in it. Be wary of rotted or otherwise damaged canvas.

Weekender We are on the same wavelength on a repro of one. But I do not have one to use as a pattern. It looks like a down sized Forester tent with a beak in front which I beleave was Daniel Beard's favoret.

• 2 years later...

Hello Big V. I was just wondering how you came out on your Overnighter Tent? If you still neet information on one Let me know. I have purchased one at a Boy Scout tent sale and it is in good shape. I will take pictures of it and e-mail them to you if it would help you out. Let me know, you can contact me at Nightranger64@yahoo.com