I tried that and it tells me that the Member Id is already associated with another username.

As much trouble as I've had with MyScouting I'm not surprised that I might have dual ids. However I do see all of my training under the Member Name I log in under.

I've had to correspond to them before to get Passwords reset, but I can't find what email address to send problems to. Does anybody know what it is?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried that and it tells me that the Member Id is already associated with another username.

As much trouble as I've had with MyScouting I'm not surprised that I might have dual ids. However I do see all of my training under the Member Name I log in under.

I've had to correspond to them before to get Passwords reset, but I can't find what email address to send problems to. Does anybody know what it is?

E69,

I and at least one other person in my unit had the same problems with multiple user names. Ultimately I called Irving, and though I can't say the problem was entirely corrected, eventually I did get a working user name linked to all the proper information: training, unit, member ID, etc.

As to the OP, I just completed one for a trip next week, it worked pretty well. Entering the destination was a little klugey and I had to try several times to get it to accept it -- and each time you then had to go through all the screens after that all over again.

The registered adults did come from a drop down box so that was nice and saved a lot of typing. The only information I had to add was the make and vehicle model for each driver, and frankly I guessed as to the year of everyone's car. I don't know whether that information will be saved the next time I need a permit.

It doesn't seem that training is cross referenced to each registered leader although I can't think of any way to test that surmise.

One interesting thing is that it asks for activities and gives you a choice of four: HA, Watersports, Flying, or Climbing, but old fashioned vanilla hiking and camping aren't options so you have to type them in.

There doesn't seem to be any approval process, so I think if you can get it to submit then you're good to go. There was no indication that I would or should expect any response from my council.

I have been a computer programmer for 35 years and in my experience MyScouting.Org is a lousy job of programming. The Scoutmaster is not real computer gung-ho so I was wanting to play with the Online Tour Permit so I could instruct him and others, but until I can get the multiple Id bit straightened out, I can't do anything. I don't have time to deal with Irving on the phone. Surely there is some email address that I can contact them by and explain the problem.

Used the new system for the first time tonight. Worked OK after a few glitches. It is sensitive to car makes and models!

One problem I had - when trying to print out a copy of the permit, I got the following

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

Can anyone translate that to a novice and advise what should be done to correct it?

Thanks!

Dale

The previous form was a "fillable PDF" and if saved only needed dates and things changed. So, if you do it once, then save it someplace, you should be able to pull it up and make the minor changes, then save with a new name. I have a permit file for them now. Have yet to go and update to the newest form; but our council still accepts the 2011 version. Have to update soon though.

Okay, I just played with filling an on-line plan with the newest link through National. Couple of things that caught me off guard. It asks for all the adults, both registered and not. Then it says the non-registered does not have a current Youth Protection. Are they saying we are going to have to try and get every adult that goes to take the on-line YP training? How does it show as taken if they do not have a registration number? I can live with asking the non-registered that participate to take the training; but the other is a mystery, since they will not be on file, unless they will have a record of non-registered individuals as well.

The other one is that now they are stating, in red, that there MUST be one adult along that has first aid and CPR certification. While I have taken these numerous times, I am not currently up to date due to the cost factor; the price just keeps going up. And none of my other adults are either. My understanding was that it was recommended, but NOT an absolute, unless a high adventure activity or over 500 miles or a long term. We have a few trainings scheduled later this year on the council level, but not until fall.

Am I missing something?

Oh, and the final page has a place for the individual filing to certify that any problems noted will be corrected prior to the actual trip. Since the YP was in yellow, and the first aid and CPR were in red. So, if you DO NOT fix the items they note, but go anyway, does that supposedly take BSA out of the liability loop?(This message has been edited by skeptic)

Okay, doing some more search on the NEW form, as well as reviewing the on-line manual, I can find nothing in the either the FAQ's or the GSS regarding the first aid items. Also, interesting that the still available paper version does not have anything about that either. Also, it is obvious that they expect fewer to be filed, since it in not absolutely required for much of the normal activities anymore. Whether local councils will still require it for everything is doubtful, as they surely would prefer to have one less thing to deal with.

May have found my own answer. I did not miss something; they simply have messed it up again with the on-line version.

We have been told that there is a glitch in the system regarding CPR, and there is suppose to be a note on the first page that makes note of this. CPR requirements are the same, so if you choose "other" as the activity type- the CPR warning is invalid. However, it is valid for the main options.

Not sure about ypt warning on nonregistered adults.

Will find out when we do our first online one using the New system next week.