As some of you may know, the old paper tour permit is going away. Out council has already cut over to the online system. Has anybody had any experience with this new system?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were informed that our council would no longer process paper tour permits beginning on May 1 and that the new system would be up and running. I haven't tried to use it yet and don't know anyone who has.

National did put out a training video that runs about 15 minutes on how to use this system.

The funnest part I'm sooo looking forward to is the input of everyone's vehicle information.

We have over 60 scouts, and that means 120 parents.

During the course of the year, parents kind of share and rotate who drives, so just about everyone's information needs to be entered and clicked each time I guess.

It takes more than just SM and ASM to transport everyone--well if each ASM was chosen only based on how large their vehicle is maybe, but they mostly have 3 passenger vehicles which is no help when we have a big turnout for a troop campout. don't ask about patrol campouts, this troop is big on troop outings, and little on patrol outings except my sons' patrols.

Been doing the online tour plan for years....With that said......I have not sampled the latest version yet.....I have a couple I need to file and have been holding off to try it.....I will offer feedback on the 10th.

I hope that you can create a roster of adults their vehicles and insurance levels and the system remembers it.....I had a spreadsheet I used and moved numbers back and forth.

I hope that it is linked to the myscouting so I don't have to put everyones training back in each time I file for one.....

It is changing title and format again. Was at our store on Saturday, and the woman at the desk showed me the newest version and said it will become "the" one later this month. Now is "Tour and Activity" plan. Down to two pages again. Our council may still control it appears, but not sure. Advancement is on-line; but you need to turn in a paper copy for verification.

You will no longer need to enter DL#s or insurance amounts.

There will still be a paper option, just like there is for advancement. However, the expectation is that most will use the online system.

There will still be times when a tour plan must be submitted. However, BSA councils will no longer be Approving tour plans. They will review them for needed leadership and training and will let the unit know of any deficiencies. It then becomes the unit leadership's responsibility/liability to make sure the deficiencies are corrected before the trip takes place.

I do not believe that myscouting/scoutnet training records will be linked, at least not yet.

Ok did my online tour plan today. Had to call National. Kept getting a 404 error which after talking to the guy we did some adjusting to my puter internet settings and it worked. It is pretty straight forward and fairly simple for me. Liked being able to pull registered adults from the list and most info is there. Should definately go quicker next time.

I went out to Myscouting.Org and the line to do a Tour Plan is there, but when I tried to start a new one and clicked on "Your Unit" there is nothing the drop down.

Does that mean our council isn't supporting it yet or does MyScouting.Org not know what Unit I'm with?

I went out to Myscouting.Org and the line to do a Tour Plan is there, but when I tried to start a new one and clicked on "Your Unit" there is nothing the drop down.

Does that mean our council isn't supporting it yet or does MyScouting.Org not know what Unit I'm with?