According to Amazon...

Editorial Reviews

Product Description

Beginning Boy Scouts is an introduction to the youth program of the Boy Scouts of America. It is an unofficial guide to Boy Scouting to help parents, new leaders, and even scouting youth to better understand scouting goals and participate in Boy Scouting. It quickly answers numerous common questions and provides instruction and advice for parents and leaders -- to help know "what is first?" and how to get started, preparing for outdoor activities and summer camp, uniforms, leadership and the Patrol Method, earning awards and badges, Eagle planning and Eagle paperwork, and how to participate. It introduces the terminology and defines the common scouting lingo.

It appears to be self-published, for what it's worth. Anyone can get a book printed & distributed via Amazon these days, regardless of quality.

But perhaps it does fill a void - as in a parents' guide, maybe? The Handbook and SMH are aimed at Scouts and leaders, not parents.

Isn't there some copyright issues? I wonder if it has a "not an official publication "etc. notice/disclaimer.

Or, maybe it has the Irving OK? I'll look at it when it gets to Borders. Oh, wait...

Short: Now that I think about it, do we "aim" at the boys or the Parents? Or both?

Whoops ... sorry, didn't mean to ignore your question. I think that's a great point. In Boy Scouts, we aim at the Scouts - as we should - and expect that they'll share and communicate information with their parents. It's a small step on the path toward youth leadership.

But it's reasonable for parents to have questions. Should they just read their son's Handbook, or ask their sons to ask their PL? Sure. But many probably don't.