Whose name is on the title of the trailer? Where does the trailer reside when it's not in use?

Might be an easy question.

The CO owns the Troop equipment and maybe the trailer too (may not depending on your state and CO, so check that).

If the trailer actually belongs to Mr. SM, then he likely pays the tags/insurance. I would check to see if his insurance covers contents when not being towed in case it's stolen or vandalized.

That being said, I have asked that question before and gotten some "dead air" about my own unit. But I think our Troop pays the tags every year + maintenance (tires/bearings/etc...)

Ours is titled to an individual. You can go find past postings on this topic and see a variety of responses - some have the CO do it, some have it in the troop name (despite the insistence of others that you can't do this), some have it in individual names. Our CO didn't want to own any vehicles.

Yup, I own the Troop trailer, oh yeah, and the Troop truck and the... I am not even sure how we could have it any other way because of insurance and such. It is my trailer and I got it just for the Scouts. It is currently waiting renovation but it will be painted red and white like a Troop flag when I am done! LOL For the last 5 or 6 years if it needed moving, I moved it with my equipment and I realized that packing and unpacking was getting old so a Troop trailer was needed but because of the way finances work it really was not possible for the Troop to have those expenses but for me to do it was easy.

Our trailer is owned by the Troop, which means ultimately as Troop property the CO owns it. We fund raise for insurance and have a generous donor who pays the registration which is in the CO's name.

Our Trailer resides normally at the CO, with multiple means of security.

At times one of the SM/ASM crew will drag it home and do some extensive rehabbing, usually in conjunction with the current QM.