Don't worry Qwazse, I'm not recruit-able! :)

Lbob...

Yes there are several troops in the area, according to my wife, this was the best of the bunch.

My wife's Ex does "require" he be in Scouts, and that he Eagles, but he lives 2000 miles away, so he has no real knowledge of the troop.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So then I see two paths.

1. You are venting here to avoid venting at home. That's acceptable (I suppose) and in that case I guess I'm glad we all provide a community function for you.

2. You are venting here and venting at home, and thus undercutting your scout's experience and self-confidence. Because kids are savvy and if you think he won't eventually pick up on your attitude, well, you're most likely wrong.

If the former, sigh, go for it.

If the latter, sigh, really a shame, but that's your prerogative.

Either way, as a volunteer I have little time for people who are hell-bent on second guessing, yet who have no interest or time to help, and also no interest or time to learn. These folks are drains on the program and not in a positive sense. Please don't expect a warm reception if that's the approach you insist on taking. A lot of folks (me, too, sometimes) complain on this website, but having some skin in the game makes a difference.

Lbob...

Oh it's definitely #1. I talk to my wife about my concerns, some of which she shares, but she seems to drink the Kool-aid better than I.

You're other comment about parents is a given. That's not unique to Scouting... that's in in any activity in which volunteer (or even professional) staff involve kids. Seems kind of an obvious scenario. I would volunteer if I thought I had something to contribute ... but I really don't think I do.

As far as learning...well I'm working on it...probably not fast enough. Life load is a little heavy...

Thanks for the input though.

....running sounds....Hi, just darting in to respond: "but she seems to drink the Kool-aid better than I." C'mon, it was FLAVOR AID, not KoolAid. Please!!!!....sounds of running away from this thread again....