# of Camporee Stations?

For those of you who hold competitions during your camporees, what's the most # of stations you've used?

We currently have 12 planned, and the scouts will be on the "course" from about 9:30 to 4, with a 1/2 hour mandatory "rest period" for lunch. I'm expecting them to be at each station for anywhere from 5-20 minutes, and they will need to visit each station.

Thanks,

Gags

12 stations sounds about right, provided the are competing by patrol and the number of youth participants is under 250.

We usually use a point system, with 100 points maximum per station. Teamwork always counts towards some of the points.

There are a lot of variables. How many Troops/Patrols will be attending? What is the camporee theme? What will be done at each station? How far apart are these stations (travel time)? 5 minutes seems really short. 20 minutes seems about right based on your start and end times.

Avid - thanks for the confirmation.

We're expecting 10-15 troops, at the most 20 patrols. I'm trying to spread the events out as much as possible - it's at a Scout camp, so we have the place to ourselves.

Theme is The Amazing Race. Mixture of skill events (knots, firebuilding) with team work (spider web, "snowshoes" on 2x4's). So I'm expecting some events to be "in and out", and others to go a full 20 minutes.

Trying to make it a combination of skills, teamwork, and orienteering (between stations). Looks like it may be time to start my feedback thread and list all the stations.

YiS,

Gags