LOL....love the disclaimer.

To summarize in my simple language....Extra permission forms serve to create more paperwork and kill trees....however most units choose to use them as methods of commitment, reminders, and since laws vary from state to state, as a cover your rear document ;)

We don't use permission slips and instead require each scout to turn in Part A and C of the BSA form (The A,B,C form) each year at re-charter time. If they go to summer or winter camp we collect part B also with the physician signature.

For campouts the check or cash payment is the signup. We call it the show me the money system. Drivers are arranged and confirmed via email by the SPL or ASPL based on the adults that turn in checks to go camping. The SPL assignes scouts to a particluar car and patrols ride together as much as possible.

EDIT - when outfitters require a waiver we have the parents sign them. This is for stuff like climbing, snow skiing, etc.

(This message has been edited by knot head)

not required, but very helpful.

my son's troop has a sign-up for each campout. it's all two sheets since boys are listed with their patrols and adults are listed as well...

reason it's helpful is we ask for emergency contact numbers - while those are on the yearly form, some times your "normal" person is going to be gond and need it to be someone else. We also ask any medical concerns - things can change within a year... Johny now has a broken arm and is allowed to camp but is now taking X for pain. Plus it's all on those 2 pages - and our adult listed on trip sheet has those so doesn't need to look through all the forms to find 1 boys list.

me personally I'm on medications for PTSD - sometimes I'm on the same med and dose for a full year, sometimes changes in med or dose will take place. I've gotten tired of always writing them all done on those sheets (1 has side affects when mixed with others) so I have gone to keeping a list of them all in my wallet - so now on the medical concerns I just list medication list is in my wallet.