Reflector Ovens recipes

We have a unique opportunity to have our boys featured in an article for Boys Life demonstrating cooking with a reflector oven.

We have some basic ideas of items to cook, Biscuits, Cornbread, Brownies (for me) and pan pizza. Does any one have any other cool ideas?

• 4 months later...

We made the cut for the May issue.

http://boyslife.org/outdoors/outdoorarticles/12765/great-reflector-oven-recipes/

It was below freezing that day. Ever tried cutting shortening into flour when its that cold? Kids had a blast and ate well. My favorite was the Cardiapple Arrest. It's an original concoction made up at a previous campout when the SPL was digging through the food boxes. Note the marshmallows in the photo.

artjrk,

I read the article online. That's really cool that your Troop was able to do that.

I've used camp ovens in my younger days. However, since getting back into camping with my Scout, I've been looking for a camp oven and have not been able to find the kind that we used to use. The one we used went on top of a small camp stove. It was a little tricky and cumbersome, but it worked.

Your reflector stove sounds like it may be a good alternative. Can you post the info on where you obtained your stoves?

Thanks