Our native peoples history

Hi I am looking for info on native american indians and scouting. How did they become linked together, etc. I need some background info to give at the banquet for the guests. Help I haven't been able to find anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found the following on Ernest Thompson Seton. You might want to try doing some searches on his name.

I think I've seen in some older literature about how boys were interested in Indian ways and crafts, so using it in Scouting seemed like a good way to get their attention.

ERNEST THOMPSON SETON

Born in Scotland, Ernest Thompson Seton immigrated to America as a youth in the 1880s. His fascination with the wilderness led him to become a naturalist, an artist, and an author, and through his works he influenced both youth and adults. Seton established a youth organization called the Woodcraft Indians, and his background of outdoor skills and interest in youth made him a logical choice for the position of first Chief Scout of the BSA in 1910. His many volumes of Scoutcraft became an integral part of Scouting, and his intelligence and enthusiasm helped turn an idea into reality.

You need to do research on, besides Seton, Daniel Carter Beard who's youth program "The Sons of Daniel Boone" not only predated Scouting, but would also set the outdoor tone for the BSA. Without Beard or Seton, IMHO Scouting would not of lasted this long........