When is Reveille for Your Troop

It depends, Unit Camping and a fixed campsite that we are staying at, then daylight.

Unit Camping and Hiking/Backpacking - How far are we going today?

Camporee/Summer Camp, follow the timeline given by the event organizer - our reveille starts 45 minutes(plus travel from campsite to event site) prior to flags or whatever the first event happens to be.

I tend to be an early riser. I was up at 0600 this past weekend. You mention Reveille, that is actually the alarm on my phone.

I wake my son by about 0645 - 0700. I woke one boy up this weekend as I was splitting down some kindling to get the fire going.

I as well am of the 7Am crowd, for awhile thought that 7am was pretty standard. To those who get up at 6 or even dawn, I guess I would point to the Outdoor Code and ask if they would be considerate and not make noise so as to disturb their neighbors. Now, if you are alone, clang away,

I'm usually up between 5:30 a.m. and 6 a.m. I stoke up the fire and get my coffee started (I also enjoy the peace and quiet before everyone else gets up). Then, I usually make sure the SPL is up around 6:45. He usually gets up by himself then wakes the rest of the troop.

I am either the first or second up almost without fail. And am only second when a particularly early rising ASM is along - but it's always great to have him along because that means the coffee is always waiting on me when I do get up :).

I always try to have my pack packed and outside the tent before breakfast if we are on the trail... can't gripe about waiting on Patrols if my stuff isn't ready to go. Tents go down after breakfast - attempt to dry...

Yes, reveille is sounded first by my watch unless, see above. We don't do group reveille but the SM wakes the SPL if necessary and they handle it from there - previous post being the exception to the rule. :)

I try to emphasize the point that if we are up past 10:00pm and other campers are going to bed that we need to lower the volume and that until other campers are rising OR about 8am whichever comes first that we need to be especially quiet. I wish non- Scouts and a few other Scouts would try to do the same...