Unknown High Adventure Bases

I was looking online for some information on high adventure bases throughout the US. I know about Philmont, Northern Tier, Florida Sea Base. I think that the Maine one may still be there, but I think that they moved to a council level base. Moxieman any word on this.

Throughout my searching there was no mention of one that I knnow of. There is a nationally accredited High adventure base in NC.

Pamlico Sea Base

http://www.pamlicoseabase.org/

This was not listed on search engines and they have some interesting programs.

So what other high adventure bases does everyone here know about. There may be one in your backyard.

We have done the Chisholm Trail Adventure on Lake Bridgeport, north of Dallas, run by the Longhorn Council. Excellent program combining water activities and Texas style activities. Your home is a pontoon boat!

Also the Laguna Station Adventure on South Padre Island (Rio Grande Council)is a good program, similar to Sea Base.

Dale

I know of several scout camps that could be running some outstanding high adventure programs, but don't.

An example - Grand Canyon Council, Arizona.... with a little work could offer an Alpine Climbing program (San Fransico Peak, n. of Flagstaff), and a white water rafting program on the Salt River.

None the less, our Council offers a number of high adventure programs...High Knoll, New River, Voyageur...

In California, Camp John Mensinger (Greater Yosemite Area Council) has turned their high adventure program around. For those who's been on BRMC's High Knoll, and New River programs will note some striking familiarities ;)

http://www.yosemitescouting.org/sections/Camping/mensinger/history

btw...I can't say enough good things about Mensinger. I'm really found of this camp...(This message has been edited by Le Voyageur)

That one took a minute to sink in. My first impression of LA is always "Lower Alabama," which around here means the Florida panhandle. Then I thought about Lousianna (the bayou high adventure trek). When I went to the link and looked at the mountains, I wish someone would have had a camera to catch the look on my face....

Rocky Mountain High Adventure Base in Colorado. http://www.rockymountaincouncil.org/RMHAB.htm

As for le Voyageur's Arizona suggestions. Troops and crews do both of these (and Mt Baldy, Grand Canyon, Aravaipa Canyon...well the list goes on). I'm not sure we would want them mucked up by getting the Council involved. Both Raymond (the camp abuts the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness) and Geronimo (at the base of the Mogollon Rim) could organize HABs with very little effort indeed.