WEBELOS II Camping - Water source/Bathrooms

I am planning an overnighter for my Tribe, we will have plenty of parents and leadership on hand, it will be held in a secure area, free of natural hazards. This location has no potable water source and the facilities consist of two porta-potties within walking distance, of course we will bring water for all. I once "Read/was told" that Cubs/WEB's must have a potable water/bathroom faclity onsite. I have looked through the GSS and the net, can't find any policy. HELP! Many Thanks.

There is a Mandatory Standard #4. in the Cub Scout Leader book - Pack Overnighter Site Approval Form 34-65. "Drinking water from an approved source is provided at convenient locations and is readily accessible." Might want to check what an "approved" source is with your council.

1) Porta-potties: no problem there. That's what our Council's cub scout Family Camp has. Pit latrines without running water are the norm at the local state parks that are used for campouts.

2) Potable water: doesn't matter if you bring your own or not...potable water is potable water. For a single night, all you'll need is drinking water, food prep and cleanup water (depending), and a handwashing station. If you're having a campfire, then also water for that (potable or not). Shouldn't be a problem to bring in 5-gallon jugs of drinking water to suit your purpose.

3) regarding the Cub Scout Leader reference: Keep in mind that Pack camping is different than Webelos den camping. The Local Tour Permit app even makes a distinction (i.e. Pack camping requires a BALOO trained leader, while Webelos den camping does not). Even still, bringing in jugs of purchased drinking water would be fine.

Use common sense, double check with Council, and you should be OK.

What scoutldr said. If the camp grounds are not on your council Cub Camping approved list, than you need to get them approved, or camp aome where that IS approved.

If the site is approved than your council has ok'd bringing in your own water and the porta potty situation and everything should be fine.