Update: We did not get the permit via mail this week. I had to escalate within our home council and they had it faxed into them within two days. I finalized our camp reservations with the South Florida Council for our day before/after seabase. SFC is very understanding of the CR issue and worked with us. Myrna is a gem and great to work with.

This paper chase with the Tour Permits has to be expensive for BSA to deal with. An online system is really indicated here! Maybe CR can fund it by reduction in head count!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! If you submit your properly completed permit 3 months prior to the trip, there is no excuse for not getting it back in time! NONE! Never had this problem in the Northeast. Takes a couple weeks!

Gee, MM, I hate to say I told you so, but....

I have found that with as many permits I do each year, there is no amount of endearing oneself to these people that makes one iota of difference. They only operate under dire threats and only if it comes from 2-3 different sources.

I always come away from this situation with a bad taste in my mouth because of the frustration and anger that gets generated each time I need a permit. I used to feel guilty about it until I realized I wasn't the problem, the Central Region's office inefficiency and attitude was. They can't be all that busy with a backlog of requests, no one else is. It's just an excuse for poor employees and the office practices they follow.

Have a good time at Sea Base and remember, you don't need another permit for a really long time.... dont wait, apply now! :^)

Stosh

(This message has been edited by jblake47)

Nahhh...threats are for amateurs and rookies. I've yet to see any top performer use those tactics to get a milestone accomplished. What I did was a work around.

The real root cause of the problem at CR with this issue has yet to be identified. Is it people, process or volume?

The real root cause of the problem at CR with this issue has yet to be identified. Is it people, process or volume

It could be a combination of all three, but since this doesn't seem to be such a problem elsewhere, I would start with the people.

Problem solving should be a merit badge.

Ed Mori

1 Peter 4:10