Hey all!

So, I haven't been on in a while because I've been busy working at camps and such (love it!) but I had a quick question. A couple of us have talked about going canoeing but every lake around here (which would be North East GA) seems to be dry or severely low. Not that we have had much time to visit each one (apparently there are quite a few). Does anyone know of a lake up here that is still ok to canoe in?

Thanks!

The TVA reservoirs: Chatuge, Nottely, and Blue Ridge all have water. East of you, on the Savannah, there is water in the large reservoirs. On Hartwell you can check with the Corps, but I think you can camp on the islands.

I think Carters Lake, west of you a ways, is a great lake for canoeing and it should have some water although even the big reservoirs are way down right now.

If your group is experienced, Lake Jocassee has about bottomed out and there is still water in it. And it's warm enough so you won't die of hypothermia if you capsize and the scenery is beautiful. A trip from Devils Fork State Park to Whitewater River, for example, would be a great day. And since the lake is way down you can see what it covered up, stunningly beautiful rivers.

I took a group there about a month ago and we played in the gorges just up from the lake. It was paradise. Moreover, with the lake way down, it exposes extensive sand beaches. Nice.

Lake Occoonee (sp? Not from GA) looked pretty full when I drove over it Tuesday. Or try to Augusta canal parallel to the Savannah. In fact all the way up 20 to 95 the water looked pretty good.