backpack firstaid kit

I see no need to carry anything more than a personal first aid kit, adult or youth. If the kit is incomplete in some fashion, they all need to be made complete. As a former EMT-A I carry nothing more than what any of the boys carry and after 20 years have never found a reason to need anything more. First aid is more knowledge than equipment, one can "make-do" with a variety of different things as necessary.

Stosh

Being the lazy sort I can excel at, I bought the REI Backpacker's kit (on sale of course). It has everything I could possibly want in a kit, plus more. A bit heavy and bulky. Supplemented it with female hygiene pads (for trauma and convience of absent minded female hikers) and diabetic supplies (for my son).

Neat thing about this kit is it has four empty vials you can fill with your favorite cocktail of analgesics.

What do I carry? Every day, I have bandaids, immodium AD, benedryl, asprin (chest pains, chew asprin), and life savers.

On the trail, I add duct tape and some bigger band-aids and more life savers (that's my diabetic first aid).