I need 30-50 mile Scout Friendly Trail in North GA, or

I would like to start planning a Backpacking MB maybe for the late summer or early fall. I need 4 nights and 30 miles at least, and 50 miles if we are ambitious enough to for the patch. Water sources and scout friendly trails such that the incline rates are moderate. We can make north Georgia, South Carolina and lower North Carolina in a day.

The appalachian trail has a mystic but that is not an absolute. The McKay trail in North Georgia intererest me but I haven't hiked.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

The best backpacking weather is almost over and I agree regarding the AT. In the summer it is hot, dry, and often physically challenging. Two alternatives come to mind immediately:

The Chattooga River trail can be pieced together with the Bartram trail to get most of what you seek. That's all in the Clayton area.

But the best alternative would be to do the Foothills Trail just across the border in SC. It runs along the Chattooga after starting at Oconee SP and then crosses the Jocassee Gorges area, ending at Jones Gap SP. The whole thing is about 60 miles and there are numerous access points to choose segments of various lengths. It crosses streams frequently so water is not a big problem and the boys will have numerous opportunities to wade, swim, and scare trout. Let me know your plans, wherever you decide to go, and I might join up if I'm in town.