Need help with Girl Scout Project

I am hoping there are troops out there with a sister Girl Scout Troop who might be able to help me. I am trying to collect a recipe from every Girl Scout Council in the USA.

http://www.angelfire.com/in3/girlscoutsrfun/CouncilRecipe.html

Above is link to my web page that shows the Councils I have received. There is also a link on this page for all Girl Scout COuncils the ones in black I still need a recipe from. Please help.

Please forward this to a local troop of Council if you are aware of one. Your help is appreciated.

Yours in Girl Scouting Laura Padgett

Laura;

I'm going to e-mail the page as a link to our Girl Scout LTC. We're (I say "we're" 'cuz my daughter's in GS here in Korea) in what GSUSA calls a "Lone Troop Overseas" although we fall under West Pacific Girl Scouts in Japan, also known as WestPac. Anyway, I'm sure they'll be happy to send a recipe...good luck

Generally the only Scouters that post here are involved with Boy Scouting but if you check the archives there are plenty of G.S. threads. I have a Girl Scout troop but I checked the site and my council isn't listed. Do you already have a recipe from Mile Hi in Colorado? If not reply and I'll have my Seniors send you one. K

Hi there Purrke

Got any thoughts on what it takes to transition older Girl Scouts into Venturing? (Coed BSA program for youth 14-20 engaging in High Adventure outings amongst other activities) Or for that matter what attracts older girls that might be interested in something a little different? BTW This is posted in haste and I know it doesn't sound quite right but its got the best of intentions!

I think my Seniors would be more interested if the Venture Crew had actually had a program going. The young men and one girl in our current group are REALLY unorganized and haven't done much of anything in a year. In Boy Scouts the boys suggested the ideas but the adults made them happen, by in large, and so nothing gets done in the Crew. In fact some of the applications didn't even get to the council last year so that some members who thought they were registered weren't. Do you have a healthy program? Sponsering?

DD, Thanks I feel more welcome now. A special spot just for the girls. I am sure the next Girl Scout to visit this site will be most appreciative.

KoreaScouter, Thank you for forwarding link. I thought this would be a much easy project then it has turned out to be.

Yarrow,

Please submit your recipe for Mile HI. I do not have a recipe from there yet. I do appreciate the help.

Buffalo2,

I would say the way you get girls interested is to first expose them to it and grow their interest. Our troop of 1st year 4th grade Junior girl scouts have gone rock climbing. (indoor variety) They loved it. I am sure our next outing will be greated with even more antisipation.

I have never heard of this program. It could be you need more information to reach the girls who this program is targeting. Are they aware of the program. Do they feel they are welcome in the program? Sent flyers out in the school?

Finally, be visable. Are you having events were girls who might be interested in joining can see you. Bring a friend events are helpful.

The real challenge I find is how to keep the girls you have who are interested in scouting when jobs, cars, school, sports and dare I say it "BOYS" come into the picture. I lost 3 girls when I changed my meeting date from Saturday to Tuesday. Wonderful girls who loved scouting , but it was no longer convenient for them. Breaks your heart.