Attention Walmart shoppers

Hi All,

Walmart has some very nice fleece jackets on sale for $5.

We were talking about how to cut cost down on back packing equipment. There were mentions that Walmart, Target and other similar stores put pack packing equipment and clothing on sale all the time. Well maybe we can announce when we see these good deals so the rest of us can tell our scouts.

I love this scouting Stuff.

Barry

I've been watching equipment for the last little while to see when good sales really happen. It seems to coincide with the times that shops ARE NOT advertising. They always seem to advertise heavy before holidays, but yet the prices always seem to fall pretty well right after the holidays.

Anyways, that's my two-cents on it.

(Find and Share places to camp, hike, bike and more http://www.backcountrysecrets.com)(This message has been edited by Mapper)

Amazon has the "Lodge Cast Iron Cooking for Dummies" cooking set for $20. Estimated shipping time is 4-6 weeks. Free shipping on orders $25 and up or with Amazon Prime.

Set includes

* 5 quart dutch oven with loop handles

* 10-1/4" skillet

* Interchangeable seasoned cast-iron lid

* Maximum temperature handle mitt

* Cast-Iron Cooking for Dummies cookbook

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006ZSMHC

Would be a good gift for that non-dutch oven cooking Scouter, or that Eagle Scout you want to stay active in the Troop.

Missing arrow,

If the "set" includes the D.O. shown when I checked your web reference....that D.O. is problematic for outdoors chefs...the D.O. shown is a typical indoor (for oven use) piece of Iron (seems to have Lodges self-basting lid)...to be really useful, an outdoor D.O. needs a flat lid preferably with a raised lip to hold your coals....Just FYI

anarchist