We are looking at taking a couple of crews to Sea Base in 2008 and need critiques on some of the programs.

I took another group on Coral Reef sailing in the mid 90's and had a blast. Wanted to see what folks could share with me on the following: Bahamas, Bahamas Tall Ship, Florida Keys, and Out Island.

Thanks in advance.

We did the Keys Adventure in 2006 and will be doing it again in 2008. It is a great overview of what is available. You get a day of sailing, snorkeling, fishing, sailing,sightseeing in Key West, and canmping out on Munson Island. Breakfast and Dinner are at the base, Nights are in A/C dorms. It was an outstanding experience.

We did coral reef sailing this summer and it truly was a blast. I spoke to some scouters that were doing the big ship. They said it was easier, since they had a crew. But it was also different, because they were combined with other troops.

We did coral reef sailing this summer and it truly was a blast. I spoke to some scouters that were doing the big ship. They said it was easier, since they had a crew. But it was also different, because they were combined with other troops.

Sir_Scoutalot,

Our guys have done the keys and the out island adventure (for years). We have been lucky enough to have had had at least one crew at seabase for 10 of the last twelve years. I have yet to see a boy come back with anything less than a big smaile and great memories...most of our older boys have done Sea Base two or three times and are evenly split as to which they like best... both my pirates liked living on Munson Island best (my youngest came back so wired one year it took weeks for him to "come down"...drove mom nutz) but that said, many of our guys (and most adult leaders I have to admit) seem to like the keys "trip"...get to shower more frequently.

I have been surprised that no one in the troop has shown interest in the sailing program or the scuba program as we have a few adult divers and our own troop sailboat...but what do I know...

In any case, you will find all your guys will have a great time...

anarchist