SCOUTER.com Announcement - BSA Camps listing is updated

Major updates and modifications to the entire SCOUTER.com website are underway and the first major project is DONE!

SCOUTER.com's BSA Camp Database is now updated, all links correct, and we invite you to visit.....

http://www.scouter.com/compass/Where_To_Go/BSA_Camps/

At 7:49 this morning I finally finished a major overhaul of both the SCOUTER.com BSA Camp pages. It has taken me about 200 hours over the past six weeks but we have updated the links and information for every Boy Scout Camp property in the nation.

As you know councils acquire & sell camps, and about 80% of them either changed a URL for their camp properties or finally got around to adding websites for all of their camps over the last five years since I last went through this site.

What we have now is an up to date & accurate database of all of the camps in America.

During this update we also corrected the data for all 307 Boy Scout Councils in our NetRoster Area. Area Codes change, councils build new Service Centers, and nearly every few months at least one council will forget to renew their domain name and get cybersquatted with their URL domain getting hijacked. Council are always needing to change their website URL.

This wraps up the major work on this part of the site as far as Scout Camp data is concerned.

We know there are many updates that need to be done to other parts of SCOUTER.com and we are working to weed out dead links, add new content, and make the site even more relivent & meaningful.

YIS,

Ed Henderson

ScouterEd@SCOUTER.com