Japanese Knotweed Removal Day

I know some forum members have used Wilderness Voyageurs for white water rafting.

Based in Ohiopyle State Park,PA. They over the years have been very user friendly toward Scouts and Scouting.

On May 19th 2007 they are hosting a Japanese Knotweed Removal Day. Each scout unit will be assigned a specific area on the river where they will remove the plant by cutting and pulling it from the river bank. State Park personnel and volunteers from local conservation groups will be on hand at each riverside location to help direct your efforts.

Scouts will float the Middle Yough, class I & II in rafts and duckies to access the riverside plant.

Each Scout You will receive 8 hours of Good Turn for America credit and as a reward and a thank you; Wilderness Voyageurs is offering a Lower Yough whitewater rafting trip on May 20th, 2007 for $32.00 a person (savings of $25.00).

SPACE IS LIMITED MUST RESERVE IN ADVANCE .

I hear that they will provide lunch on the Saturday and will accommodate campers -But you would need to check.

Check out:

http://www.wilderness-voyageurs.com/youthpackages.htm

For details.

(For the record I don't have any association with

Wilderness Voyageurs, I just thought this might be a nice activity for units that are not too far away.)

Ea.