Dutch Oven Cookbook Recommendations ?

Getting ready to place my holiday order from the scout catalog. Thinking about picking up a dutch oven cookbook. Wondered if anyone might recommend one of the three in the catalog: Texas Treasury of Dutch Oven Cooking, Cooking the Dutch Oven Way, and the Outdoor Dutch Oven Cookbook. Thanks in advance and happy holidays.

I have both the Texas book and The Outdoor Dutch Oven Cookbook. Both are good. The Outdoor DOC is little more gourmet-ish, with some fancier recipes. The Texas book is much more southwestern cooking. Both offer more than just recipes, as well - good overall advice on using a Dutch oven.

Another one I would mention, especiall for those just starting out - Camp Dutch Oven Cooking 101 from Backyard to Backwoods, from Lodge. I am assuming they offer it through their web page (www.lodgemfg.com). I picked it up at their Outlet store. Very simple, very good recipes. It has a recipe for Lazy Cobbler than seemed just too simple to be any good at all. We made two a couple of weeks ago - peach and blueberry - and they were as good as any I have had! You pretty much just dump the cans in the bottom, pour a box of cake mix on top evenly, sprinkle with cinnamon and put slices of cut up butter on top. Cover and cook for about 45 minutes. Maybe everyone makes it that way now, but my old recipes were a little more involved. This stuff was great!

12" Dutch oven

• 10 months later...