I posted back in January when our Crew was preparing for the trip. Well, they went and now they are back! They all had a great time--even got some sunburn on that virgin Minnesota skin. All the tips we got were great and very helpful. Last night the boys told the rest of the Troop about their adventures and shared pictures (and songs). The younger boys are pumped up about trying this in a few years. My son said he'd go again (he got sunburn and blisters on his feet) in a heart beat. He wants to go as an adult leader when his younger brother is old enough to attend. The boys got some awesome photos with their underwater cameras when snorkling and caught plenty of dolphin fish on the fishing trip. The heat and humidity got to them all at some time but they had a great adventure!

Thanks again to all who provided insight on this trip!

Did your guys do the Bahamas part? We were on our family vacation and both on Saturday the 17th going down and on the 24th returning there were Scouts all over the place both in the Freeport and Charlotte NC airports. If I remember correctly, they were from a council in the upper midwest and the Troop number might have be 23? maybe 32?

Hi Scoutmom2 -

Glad your son's trip was so good. We will be going down there in about a month or so. Any words of wisdom your son can give? We'd appreciate some tips from someone just there.

Thanks!