A little help please - non tent camping East of Atlanta

O.K. folks I need a little help.

Our troop will be traveling to Charleston, SC to stay on board the U.S.S. Yorktown during the first weekend in August. We usually take a slow and relaxed pace when driving so I anticipate this will end up being a 10 hour drive or so. To make things easier and not have to be on the road for such a long time just prior to arriving at the ship, we plan on leaving out on Thursday and driving for 3-4 hours and staying on the eastern side of Atlanta. Here's the problem. We need a place to stay for approx 20 people. Due to space limitations we will not be taking tents or the other usual camping items. I've failed to find a Scout camp (Bert Adams is closed the first two weeks of August) in a suitable location. Nor have I found a state park that has an available facility to house us. ( Most have a cabin or cottage capacity of no more than 4.)

Anyone have any suggestions?

I appreciate your help in advance.

A mile or so past Bert Adams, on the left, is the Georgai FFA Center. it has bunkhouses, cabins, etc. You can reserve beds, beds with linens, meals. It has camps during the summer, but probably does not have camp in August, since school start early around here. It is used during the year for groups etc.

www.georgiaffafcclacenter.org