high adventure camps/bases

i am the leader of the High Adventure patrol in my troop. i am looking for different things to do. the first thing i thought of was a high adventure base or camp. does anyone know of a good high adventure base or camp?

thanks

hacimsaalk12

From PA could you get to the Florida Sea Base? My California kids (we live in a VERY nice beach town) LOVED the Sea Base. What about a trip to Northern Tier? I'm not sure if the canoe trip was "the bom" or getting a greeting and their pictures on the Twin's Jumbo-tron during a Twin's baseball game. Or was the Axe models, in their Peter Gabriel costumes telling giving them samples and telling them they just couldn't resist a man in uniform...

Some of the adults held their breath so they wouldn't laugh out loud as these boys talked about how cool that was, and how they were going to buy this aftershave just as soon as they got home.

I see that you're in PA. Have you looked into the high-adventure camps offered by Cradle of Liberty Council? They are online at:

http://www.doubleknot.com/openrosters/ViewOrgPageLink.asp?LinkKey=2350&orgkey=541

I know of troops in PA that go to Philmont and Sea Base. Also, in the mountain regions of PA, there are whitewater rafting opportunities, canoing, and backpacking.